Saturday, January 22, 2005

By Way of Introduction

Every few years or so I decide to actually attempt something like a journal. Written in coil-notebooks, early eighties dicta-tape, notepad etc. Never lasts long, and I always seem to lose it. This way, it could be cached, unknown and unseen on somebody's harddrive, waiting for the next reinstall of the operating system.
So what the hell, time for at another half hearted attempt to organize my thought.
Alot of talk about computer games, work, the vagaries of long term relationships, general ventings drawn from the everyday, the occassional political rant etc. Of course the key to all this is to remember where the hell I put this thing.
So the origin of the story is a mid-thirties male, single in a long-term relationship, working for the man because not working for him almost led to a life on the streets (more on that later maybe) and sees the forward edge of a mid-life crisis.

Depending on the day it's a sit-com or a drama. Most days, it will read just like a diary:
Woke up
Went (reluctantly) to work
Went home (maybe late)
Saw my girlfriend
Went to sleep.
Just like the rest of humanity (with local variations of course).

So that's the edge of me, anyway. And like I said, this is just a way for me to vent. Any accidental public consumption, illumination, education, frustration or even decapitation is the sole responsibilty of the viewer. Hey, nobody forced you to click that link.

Oh yeah, comments will be allowed only when I'm trying to provoke an emotional response.

See ya (maybe)
DM