Monday, January 08, 2007

Crime and Punishment

Interesting times continues....

I get into the elevator this morning and find a notice on the inside: there was a break-in in the downstairs, underground, "secure" parking lot and everybody should check their vehicles. So naturally I check.

Smashed passenger side window, nothing taken out of my car. As I toured around the lot to see how many got busted windows, I noticed the interior door leading to stairwell is off its hinges. And I realize the lock and the hinges are on the same side of the door. Brilliant.

So at lunch I go down to the downtown police station, where they tell me I need to bring the vehicle in to be inspected, and that I should do that at another location. I beg off work early, go half way across town to another station, and they tell me since it's a break and enter, I need to call the police (because calling the police from a police station is just crazy talk). So I get home and call the police at about three in the afternoon. They finally arrived around 8, took my statement, looked very seriously at my car. They're still outside.

So it looks like I'm out about $400 because some rummy (or similar) needed another bottle (or similar).

Not a good way to start the week.

I'll save the update on Laroo (my significant other) later, when I'm feeling more mushy and not filled with the urge to don a mask and take justice into my own hands.

No comments: