Monday, January 21, 2008

Withdrawl

It's odd, but lately I've had the urge to renew my World of Warcraft subscription.

It's odd because at first, it was a huge hit with me. Sometime around level thirty I realized a couple of things:

  • I had being doing basically the same thing over and over again
  • The only way to customize my character was to get "uber-lewtz"
  • 90% of the people I was playing with online were ass-hats


I'm still of course playing games, but since my nVidia card went to Silicon Heaven, it's been on my DS (Puzzle Quest) and my laptop (Sword of the Stars). But something is missing. I'm not 100% sure what: it may be the adrenaline rush of FPS combat, the rich and fantastic worlds offered online or the god-like power of an RTS.


That or I'm bored. Or I'm getting old.


With the writer's strike there's never anything all that good on TV (or at least the channels I can afford). So the cable is getting disconnected. With the fried board, I haven't been gaming nearly as much. I have been going to the gym on a pretty regular schedule, and am a quarter of a mile away from running five-k a session, despite the pack-a-day habit.


Dear gods, I can't actually be growing up can I?


Nah. Why else would I have all that Lego?

No comments: