Monday, February 18, 2008

Settling In, Settling Down

The move be almost finished. The only things left at the old place are my propane tank and the cleaning supplies. I hope I also left the AC adapter to my speakers and my mic headset as those are not where I thought I put them. I think the box may have opened and either they fell out (and the movers put them in the trash or something) or they were just taken as a "bonus".

The only other casualty was my laundry hamper. Those are cheap and plentiful.

So I'm quite happy with the move. It was quiet on a long-weekend Saturday night so that's the ultimate test passed. The living room is smaller but the trade off is the double-size storage area, a kitchen you can turn around in without hitting something and a view of the city instead of the parking garage. All for $185 a month less. Oh yeah and the gym with the bikini models. Some things you can't put a price on.

Moves are always times when you reassess your stuff. My stuff is, like their owner, getting old, banged up and dilapidatd (the gym will help the owner in that regard). I'm tempted to replace the whole shebang but that can get a tad expensive and I have a new computer to buy in the next couple of months (no, not a Mac Capa). Spore has an official date, I keep hearing rave reviews about Sins of a Solar Empire and, well not much else at the moment but that's at least something.

There may be other changes afoot but I don't want to jinx it. Let's just say there may be a second of the "life changing events" coming up.

And no, a new woman in my life is the third one. But then again, I could go hit the treadmill....

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Rich,

I can't remember your email address.. but I think I found the "holy grail of lego" so to say. Especially for a sci-fi nerd like yourself.

http://shop.lego.com/ByTheme/Product.aspx?p=10179&cn=416&d=322

Yes it's expensive, and yes there are fifty one hundred and ninety five pieces. But you can do it!

michael

Dykmoby said...

I know. that's such a cool model I just don't have the damn room for it...