Thursday, April 03, 2008

Kinda Sorta Maybe

Having one of those blah kind of days. I'm on day four of a cold, I'm bored and a little antsy about work. Not in a bad way, just want to get something accomplished. It would help if I had my developer-strength computer but that's just a waiting game.

Speaking of which, since I'm bored, lemmee tell ya about my dating situation.

Nada.

Which is actually intentional. I'm pretty damn sure I explained the whole "not looking" thing before, but what the hell it bears repeating. I'm not looking. Well, I'm looking at women of course, but I'm not pursuing any kind of relationship whatsoever. Not like the opportunity has presented itself, but at least this way I can convince myself it's my idea and not a long-running cruel joke played by the universe.

All of the relationships I've had have been, at some point, unsatisfactory. And yes I know I'm the common element so I'm just removing that particular parameter. Now if the universe presents me with a golden opportunity, I'd be a fool not to take it. But I'd be a greater fool to actually think it will happen thus I'm handing in the towel. Politely, and with no rancour.

The relationship part I'm good with. It's the whole pressure to perform that leads up to that point. It all comes down to expectations, and frankly now that I have none, I'm good. Well, better at any rate. There's of course the whole es-ee-ex thing to consider but I never said it was a perfect plan.

No comments: