Friday, April 04, 2008

More Fun With Landlords

Just as I (think) I resolved the missing damage deposit, my new landlord has thrown me a whopper.

I found a note in my door indicating I was late with April's rent, that a report notice has been sent to a credit rating company and that I owe an additional $50 late fee. This was after last month's note that the processing of my application for pre-authorized payment had not been submitted to the bank for March's rent so could I please write them a cheque.

I gave them the pre-authorized withdrawal form in January. It is now April.

So I went to the building office (with all notes etc in hand) but the land-lady wasn't in, just her assistant. So she copied all the relevant info. I'll talk to the landlady tomorrow.

Mistakes happen: running a large apartment building is an exercise in frustration I'm very sure. So I'm hoping this can be worked out amicably. I'll give them a cheque for April when I see evidence that the credit report notice has been revoked. I'll also be asking for the pre-authorized withdrawal form back and giving them post-dated cheques. This little incident has not instilled any kind of confidence that when I vacant the building the auto-withdrawal of my rent will stop.

If things cannot be handled amicably, well I'll take it up with the management company and see what happens then.

No comments: