Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Maybe I Didn't Jinx it ...

But it ain't looking too good. She's really busy with a bunch of stuff: house hunting, visiting relatives, classes, work etc. I know exactly how that feels. Still, I have a feeling that I'm going to get the "it's not you, it's me" chat in the next little while.

I really hope not. This is a woman who has all this stuff going on and she's not looking for anyone to rescue her. That, to me, is attractive. As well as the big brown eyes.

My point of view: life happens everyday and yes, it can be a bit overwhelming. But finding someone with which you have a good rapport, feel a connection and they feel the same way about you is a very rare event. When that happens you should go for it. When it works out, all that other "life" stuff gets easier.

Mind you, I also know that timing is everything and this may not be a good time to start something for her. I'm not putting any kind of pressure on her for her time: she needs her own time to deal. But she's also considerate, so she may think that she can't give me the kind of time she thinks I need. I may have to dissuade her from that notion if that is indeed the case. One good thing about 40 is you get a good supply of patience and a generous helping of empathy. At least I did. I think it came with the killer sunburn.

In other news: studying for my SCUBA boot camp (flipper camp) progresses. There's a lot of stuff to know, but knowing Archimedes' Principle got me right through the first two chapters. One worry: sharks. And that's for going to see Jaws when I was nine. Thanks Dad!

No comments: