Sunday, December 21, 2008

Winter Solstice

Okay, I may be suffering from that seasonal disorder thing. Although it happens at the height of summer as well, at least I can blame something else this time.

But it has been a depressing couple of weeks. Maybe "depressing" isn't the right word. Listless? Humdrum? Nuanced angst over an unremarkable existence? Yeah, that one. I'm all emo, apparently. Being stuck indoors (and yes, I'm not exactly Grizzly Adams but I do get outside once in a while) may have something to do with it. And as previously, viciously stated my view of Christmas is less than Republican.

I haven't been to the gym more than twice over the past three weeks. I'm not sure if it's this niggling cold that just won't let go or just "I don't wanna go to the gym today" syndrome. And that I've been busy doing, well, not much but all these little things add up. Yes, I know, cheer the fuck up, get back to the gym, smile and bull through the holidays.

Then there's Spike. We managed to do the movies-at-her-place thing on Friday and there wasn't the same back-and-forth we've had. Not sure if it was due to depleted energy reserves (I had worked 70 hours in the previous seven days due to on-call), the weather, being nervous a bit etc. There just wasn't that same effervescent interaction. But her dogs are great!

Well, they can't all be zingers.

So this week: L'il Bro B is crashing on my couch for a few days as he makes his way to and from Lethbridge, three days of (I'm thinking slack) work, Christmas Eve at the Crazy Cat Aunt's place, dinner-and-a-movie with Spike on the actual day, UFC night at Big M's on the weekend. That's pretty active for me. Now if I can just cheer the fuck up I might enjoy.

But now, I'm going to try and hit the gym again. Yesterday I got as far as the car.

No comments: