Friday, February 02, 2007

So Much for That

What a day. The feeling of not-rage has cumulated into the state of being known as "Full of Hate".

Actually Capa contributed to that in a way by forwarding an email that would have set me off on a murderous rampage. Okay, at least assault and battery with a blunt instrument (a 5' 2" lead administrator) against a pair of application managers (who seemed to epitomize at least two of the deadly sins each, so they would have had it coming). If he hadn't I would be posting this from holding cell. You know what I mean.

What today did was high-light the fact that whenever I need someone to get something done, I have to fight for even the simplest request tooth and nail. Meanwhile when someone asks me to do something, I generally do it (although I have to strain some of them through the Idiocracy filter).

So a decision has been made. The entire office (or at least my department) are moving to a new location in March. Personally, that means that my half-hour walk to work now becomes a sixty minutes drive to work. Where there isn't enough parking. And a cubicle that is about four feet wide. And that's one of the big ones.

It's just not worth it.

If it so happens (and it's a good possibility) that I don't have a new job by then I will give two weeks notice. After that my time would be dedicated to a job search and my writing. I have enough cash to get me through three months without dipping into credit. Not my favorite as it's taken me quite a while to get that sum together, but it's money or health. And you can't put a good price on health.

And on top of that today, the roads are a mess. So the chances of seeing the wonderful Laroo for a hug and snuggle session is fading quickly.

Update: And on top of all that I just noticed my last paycheck is about $500 short. This may move up the schedule.

No comments: