Thursday, February 01, 2007

Sunny Walks

For the first time in months, the walk home was actually not done in complete darkness. Granted the sun had slunk behind the horizon (probably to get out of the wind and cold). You have no idea how much of big deal that is. Or maybe you do: most of my readership lives within ten miles of me.

An odd thing happened to me yesterday: I was at work and it actually didn't suck. This may have had something to do with Capa loaning me his DS with Elite Beat agents for a while, but I doubt it (although getting a DS has moved up in the "gotta have" list).

No, what happened was I had a productive day. At least in relation to all the other days since September where I felt like I was fighting a zombie army of clueless wonders. Today was a bit more "normal" although that probably had something to do with software we developed four or five years ago not working with Vista. So now the zombie horde is wondering how we can rewrite 120 applications in two weeks.

I'm still applying for jobs elsewhere: this is probably just my winter blues beginning to fade.

Laroo rocks. For those just tuning in, she is my significant other. Her schedule over the next two months is going to be insane (check out her blog for reasons why) and we probably won't see each other as much as we want but all that means is that when we do get together, it's very special. Not short-bus special. Limo special.

Still, I'm tempted to drag her from her place of work, pick up her dog on the way to the airport and wing our way to a tropical location where bathing suits aren't required (Laroo doesn't own one. I see that as an opportunity).

Get this: we bought a Lego dragon and built it together. She actually hung it up in her house. How cool is that?

No comments: