Monday, July 14, 2008

A Good Day to Quit Smoking

As usual, my timing is impeccable:
  1. I was awoken at 4:35 AM this morning by the dumpster-divers rifling through the last night of Stampede trash. An altercation about who got the half-full bottle of something or other ensued and was ended when said bottle was smashed over one of the opponents' heads.
  2. Was the first at work this morning and discovered that most of the weekend processes didn't.
  3. Somehow I got roped into being the contact for my team on a new project which at first seemed like a simple matter but by the end of the day looks to be a political nightmare.
  4. I had to (and still am) running month end for the third time this month because of, well, I don't know really.
  5. Minor plumbing problems (kitchen sink not draining) on Saturday resulted with me coming home today to a giant hole where the wall used to be. Sawdust, muck, water and dirt everywhere.

Needless to say, tomorrow is Day 1 Version 2

No comments: