Sunday, July 06, 2008

I'm Moby the Sailor-man!

Yesterday was my first full-day sailing lesson with Li'l Bro G. Although the weather was less than cooperative, and there were times that G and I almost came to blows (the little boats we were on are a bit "tippy") it was a blast and a half. Looking forward to the next couple of weeks of this: I could see myself sailing the ocean-blue as a retirement plan. Especially if my home-port was somewhere in Italy.

So as befits sailors returning to shore, the Bros and I went drinking, fighting and lookin' fer wimmen. Actually went to a strip club to watch Ultimate Fighting Championship but that's as close as you'll get in the middle of Bald-Ass Prairie.

On the work front, my stock-purchase program kicked in for my last check and, well, let us just say I see a lot of Kraft Dinner in my future. Ouch. My take home dropped over 40%! I'll have to fill out one of those "Mr. Tax Man, please stop raping my bung hole until tax-time" forms. I'm even considering stopping smoking. Really. Not going to happen, but it may be a last resort.

My Mass Effect review has gone critical. It's long, meandering and really doesn't say anything you can't read anywhere else. So I'm going to start again. And probably start the game up again. But in the mean time, here's what I learned from playing Mass Effect:
  1. You can be an asshole or you can be a saint. But if you try to be a bit of both, you won't get very far.
  2. The women who are strong, funny and fun think I'm a dork.
  3. The women who are socially inept shut-ins with strange skin conditions throw themselves at me.
  4. No matter how extensive the character creation engine is, I'm still ugly.
  5. When I'm in charge, expect any order issued to be ignored in favor of standing and staring at a crate.
  6. Pointing a vehicle in the direction yo wish to go and hitting the gas will get you there eventually.
  7. No matter where you go, someone else got there first and will charge you a fee to enter. Or just shoot at you.
  8. Blasting zombies with a "boom-stick" is great fun no matter what the age, epoch, universe and cause of zombie-ism.
  9. The exact item you need will be in the store the moment you can't afford it.
  10. The universe is out to get you. This can be handled with bigger guns, better armor and the ability to throw shit into outer space with the power of your mind alone.

No comments: