Thursday, September 18, 2008

Head in the Game

So 48 hours and change until I wing my way to Hawaii. I've been fighting a cold for the past week (which is still trying to conquer my fun). Now that sort of thing was inevitable but still annoying: just a variation of getting sick every Friday before a long weekend.

Strangely enough, I'm not quite as excited/nervous as I thought I would be. I'm managing to stay focused at work and the huge list of "to do" items for the trip is languishing somewhere on my desk top. I've covered all the major items but my usual list of checks and other preparation I haven't really touched yet (besides buying a new set of swim trunks that said "M" on the label but fit like "XL" around my skinny ass).

Oh, and of course a monkey wrench has been thrown into my pina colada. I received a notice yesterday that my land-lady wants to "review the terms of your lease". I'm not exactly sure what that means but it simply cannot be good. I'm pretty damn sure I've done nothing that would merit a "review" but we'll see what happens. I have a sneaking suspicion that I'm being blamed for the monstrous amount of detritus near my car in the parking garage that has been spewed out by the white trash that parks beside me. I would think that it should be obvious where it's coming from: the clean, empty, well-maintained compact car or the rusted-out 4x4 that has beer bottles, fast-food bags and cigarette packs piled to the roof (and spilling out onto the pavement every time a door opens).

If that is indeed the case, I'll let my land-lady know I'm going away for a week and she can see the results for herself.

No comments: