Monday, October 13, 2008

'Kay...

Well, Happy Turkey Day to one and all! I know I'm stuffed, much like the carcass I stripped for protein. M'boy, them's good eatin'!

So: odd week.

It started off with Holmer contacting me out of the blue. We hadn't really kept in touch for the past year so I was pleasantly surprised when I got a message on Facebook to give him a shout. I figured he would be wanting to find a database guy for a position at his office, and even though I am in no way looking, courtesy costs nothing (unless you're doing it for a little brother).

Turns out, he was discussing some pix and vids I had posted on Facebook to one of his co-workers. He mentioned I was single and she asked "So why haven't you set us up yet?" Well, I gave him permission to give her my digits. I mean, what the heck, I'm not looking cause the looking itself is what is frustrating: having them come to me is another matter.

Now that in and of itself would not make for a remarkable week. If she actually calls, that would be bucking the odds. However on Friday night I got a late night text message from Kiki G. She and I had some catching up earlier in the week and commiserated about being single and tired of looking. And no, we wouldn't work-out as a romantic relationship: friends great, couple not-so-much. While at the bar, Kiki met someone who said she was single and didn't want to have kids. So natch, Kiki figured she would set us up. Kiki asked if she got her number would I phone her. I said sure (see above). Thing is, she wanted me to call Mystery Girl right now which was a bit odd. However there being no answer was not odd at all. I'm pretty sure Kiki was three-sheets at the time (along with Mystery Girl). I'll find out this week. And have some evil fun with it!

So two female-related stories. Now were into "okay, that's just a coincidence Moby, geez" territory. Except, guess who I ran into at a gas-station in the middle of bald-ass prairie? L'il Bro' G and I were headed to Mom's place for turkey and pulled over half-way to fill the tank and empty the bladder. I was looking for snackage when I heard someone call my name.

Laroo.

It was good to see her. It sounded like she had set some of her life in order (and got a new puppy). I was pretty dumbfounded at the random convergence so I'm pretty sure I sounded like a turkey being led to the block. We exchanged news, caught up a bit then went our separate ways.

And nope, nothing left except a fond-affection of a short but good time. I think a little closure on my part happened. I was kinda worried about me taking myself off the market (as it were) could have been motivated by having residual feelings for Laroo. That five minutes pretty much put that to rest. It's great she's doing so well, but as stated, we went our separate ways. Cool.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to find room for about twenty pounds of leftovers in my freezer.

No comments: