Thursday, January 15, 2009

How Can I Put This?

Er, okay, so. Well. Ummmm....

Okay, I'll come right out with it: I found a lump. On the left one.

This happened last weekend I while I was trying to figure out why I had a recurring ache in ... that area. I had thought that since this happens when I run a lot, and when I stopped running it went away, it had something to do with running. So I did the ol' Internet search.

So when I discovered that this could be a symptom of testicular cancer, I learned very quickly how to do a self-exam. And sure enough....

So I went to my local drop-in medical clinic and waited. And waited. And waited. And was told to go home as they were closing soon. Come back the next day.

So I went the next evening. And waited. And waited some more. And told to go home again.

So the next morning, I called in sick, went to the clinic and waited, but not as much. The doctor did her thing (yes, her, which was actually not a problem) and said that it should be checked out.

So I have an ultrasound in two weeks. Two weeks was the soonest I could get one. Trust me, I shopped around.

And so, I'm waiting and worrying. It's probably nothing, statistically speaking. But of course you tend to worry that it could be the worst: it's going to kill you; or the second worst: the cure is so bad you might as well be dead.

Regardless, if there is something there that shouldn't be, it's knifey-knifey slicey-slicey time. And since the doctor will be "in the area" anyways, I'm going to ask to get my tubes tied: Two stones with one bird.

See? I can even make bad jokes when I'm terrified!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You sound like a guy who could use a beer. Lemme know sir... I'll beer you up. Nothing like a depressant to cheer you up.

Dykmoby said...

Thanks Capa! I'll have to pass this weekend due to OT, but next weekend is probably a go!