Thursday, January 01, 2009

Vote "NO" on Resolution 2009!

Happy New Year one and sundry!

As I sit here and digest the MSG-laden Dim Sum meal I grazed at for the past two hours, I ruminate over the year that was known only as "2008". So what happened?
  • I only moved once! That beats last year and the year before! Hopefully I'll bring that down to 0 in 2009.
  • The new job! And for the first time in a decade, I'm actually enjoying it. The benefits are amazing and hey, the bonuses aren't too shabby either. Here's hoping I don't get fired in 2009!
  • Waist shrinkage! The running program I've tried has reduced the 36 inch waist down to a svelt 34 incher. Hitting forty means I gotta work to stop what weight I do gain pooling in the middle bits of me. In 2009, I feel confident enough to go scuba diving without being mistaken for a miniature whale.
  • Romance! Well, kinda. I'm thinking Spike isn't as interested in me as I was in her, as she hasn't returned my phone calls since Xmas. In 2009, I'll be resuming my "I don't date" policy. And to think I passed up a tumble with a flight attendant at the Xmas party cuz I'm a "nice guy"...
  • Travel! The Hawaii trip was just the beginning of the Mid-Life Crisis Tour. '09 will a see trips to the Dominican and Cancun for the express purposes of scuba diving and looking at young women in bikinis.
  • Education! I didn't take any classes last year, but this summer I'll be taking one of a) motorcycle operation b) gun safety course or c) sky diving. Depends on my mood. Naturellment this is merely an extension of the Mid-Life Crisis activities.


So over all, 2008 wasn't a fantastic year but over all I'd say it was better than the previous. 2009 looks to be "more of the same" as I'll be saving up for the big event in 2010: real estate.

My resolution for 2009? Nada. they never work anyways.

No comments: