Saturday, November 26, 2005

Stage Three

Okay, two weeks post-breakup.

A buddy of mine says I have to go through Stage 3, which is apparently a Friends reference. Stage 3 is going to a strip club.
Now I think I've been to the peelers once in the past three years. And in that interval something strange (at least to a fogey like me) has happened.

The majority of the clientele were female. At the strip club. With nekkid wimmins on stage.

While I certainly think this is a good thing, when the hell did this happen? Most were coupled up with guys, but there was a stagette there as well, and not just dropping in for a drink. And alot (estimates show about 70%) were good looking. Also note that very, very few were over the age of thirty. One or two that were with boyfriends looked distinctly uncomfortable (which I have seen before) but most were right into it: throwing loonies, wooping it up. And the strippers, I mean exotic entertainers were right into it as well, paying more attention to the ladies than the men.

Which makes sense because the ladies were the ones shouting appreciation and chucking money at the posters held between the thighs and buttocks.

So once again, I was born too late!

Girls, sorry I mean women, my age simply don't do that. Or play video games. Or understand the appeal of cartoons. And if they do, they're taken. Or 15 years younger than me.

It was me who said he wanted to be single right? Well I still am glad I am, but feelin' a tad older than I thought I was.

Need to find me a copy of Dirty Old Men For Dummies. Or something.

No comments: