Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Down to Business

Well, my week off is over. Not that I have found a new job (C'mon Capa, I needs me a job where you work!) but it's time to put the nose to the grindstone. Or at least get my shit together.

I've been avoiding making a list of things I need to do with my time off, but here goes:
  • Keep the resume updates and check job listings every day.
  • Organize my contacts list. Right now it's pretty much a stack of napkins.
  • Clean, tune and buy a new seat for my bike.
  • Renew my passport. I still have quite a bit of time on it but since the whole process means you need at least 2 full days off, do it now.
  • Get back to the gym on a two on, one off schedule. I stood on a scale this weekend and was not impressed. When I take a day off, get on the afore-mentioned bike.
  • Spend at least two hours a day either writing fiction or writing code.

    So that's the list. Note that it's more of a "establish a productive routine" than items to check off as they are completed. I know me: slacking is what I enjoy best, but too much means I'll get behind (and grow a large behind) very quickly.

    The other things I need to clamp down on is my expenditures: no more impulse buying of things like DVDs, Guitar Hero controllers, books etc. At least not until I finish the lots I have purchased (about 5 DVDs, yes I know "The 4400" Capa and about a half-dozen books). This will mean I can avoid the slack.

    thank goodness I went I got Starcraft on Friday. You know about Starcraft 2 right?

    Sweeeeet. Bad programmer! Get back to work! Or at least looking for work.
  • 1 comment:

    Unknown said...

    Hey! I personally handed over a resume for you. Unless you want a job in QA, I have no other input into the process. ;)

    In retrospect I'm thinking I shouldn't have added all those "Screw you bastards!" bullet points to your rez... Hmmm.