Thursday, June 28, 2007

No Show

Another day another interview. Although today... didn't.

I showed up at the oil and gas place where an agent had arranged an interview. Nice offices. Nice offices. Having enough cash seems to improve the decor.

The guy who was supposed to interview e comes in with a very sheepish look on his face. He explains that they hadn't had a chance to defineany roles or positions due to a by out of another company or something. And he was late for a meeting.

No interview and I had time to kill. So I wandered around downtown a bit. Gods, I love summer. Capa can explain that one for ya.

I'm, again, miffed although only slightly. Like I said, there's an offer on the table, and another (I hope) coming quick. If that weren't the case "slightly" would become "greatly". But I'm being very zen-like about it. Shit does happen, even at the best run of companies.

Still...

Long weekend and Stampede coming up. Which means I really should leave town if at all possible. The noise around my place has gone from loud to cacophonous and it's only Thursday.

Besides, I think my PS2 has gone to console heaven. It was a good four (five, maybe?) year run though. The newer ones are much smaller and cheap like borscht. Not red like beet soup though.

And I've officially started meandering here. Again. So I'll go now.

No comments: