Thursday, July 05, 2007

Crash. Burn.

Okay that didn't go well.

While waiting for the number 2 folks to get back to me on my second interview, while holding off number 3 until I hear from number 2, I had a second interview today with number 45 (or there abouts).

It was a technical interview. And it was all about .NET.

Now if you plonk a sizable chunk of C# in front of me and tell me something is busted, I can can pretty much fix it. If you plonk a software specification in front of me, well, I'll be pulling out manuals quite a bit. It's one of the reasons I left my old job: my technical skills (skillz?) are sorely behind in terms of the latest and greatest.

And I don't hide that fact. When it comes to databases, I can boast some 'leetness but when it comes to C# I always let the people interviewing know I don't hit the ground running, I just hit the ground.

And I told the person I first interviewed that exact thing.

So the second interview comes up as technical inquisition. I aced (I think) the team-building and database parts. C# .... not so much. And it was three quarters of the interview.

This has stressed me out. Critical hit to my confidence stat.

So I probably won't be hearing from them. I hope I'll be hearing from number 2 today. Number 3 is actually scaring me a little now.

Dammit, maybe I should just give up and sling over-priced caffeinated beverages for a living...

No comments: