Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Two Days, Still Employed

What a difference a day makes. Especially when that day starts with your alarm going off at seven AM. A sound you hadn't heard in over two months...

But so far, so good. I haven't started a new job in years, and it's kind of showing. Although I'm anxious to "get the ball rolling" on some ideas, I really need to reign myself in a bit (mixing metaphors). Okay hows about this, I'm chomping at the bit to get going but I need to reign myself in. Better.

It's interesting: so far most people have been giving the impression that I don't know what I'm getting into, it's pretty bad, disorganized, chaotic etc.

They have no idea. This is cake! So far at least. This old warhorse has gone into this battlefield before. I can see what can go wrong, what will go wrong if certain things happen and how to fix it. But it's only my second day.

On the home-front, I've given up on trying to find a place until later this month when people start to give notice for the end of August. I've called about a dozen places. Six don't answer their phones, five say they have rented out already and one, well I expect to look up and hear someone say "It rubs it on it's skin or else it gets the hose again!". Besides, now that rent is about a third of my monthly take-home pay, I'll use the money I would have to put down for over-lapping rents to hire movers.

And and by the way, much Love to Laroo. She got stung by some nasty wasps not once but twice last week. Her leg is swollen up like a thing that swells up really big. She's on antihistamines and antibiotics. Knocked her right on her keister (mmmmm... Laroo keister). Poor Laroo.

And huzzahs to The German. I'm surprised you're willing to go within fifty feet of Capa, let alone work with him. Work him over maybe...

1 comment:

The German said...

Alas, I will not be working with Capa. Another company got to me first. However, since I get every 2nd Friday off perhaps I'll buy him lunch from time to time...after all he did say some very nice things about me to help me get the job. BTW, congrats on your new ball and chain gig. Hope you enjoy it mucho.