Saturday, March 11, 2006

Spore, Hangover and Coffee

First and foremost, I get accused of being a geek-enabler. Video, games, movies, books etc, I loan them out, a knowing, evil smile on my face as I know have made a healthy, creative and vibrant person waste a colossal amount of time on geeky pursuits.

But sometimes it works the other way. The Lemming sent me this.

Oh. My. Gods.

Now if I had a rating system for games I haven't played and haven't been released, it would be, from lowest to highest:

Never, ever will this hit my hard drive.
I may play it if the CD comes embedded in a box of Cheerios.
I'd play it if someone gave it to me.
I may pick it up when it hits the bargain bin.
I'd be willing to pay full price for it after it's released.
Heck I'll pick it up the day of release.
Wow, I'm pre-ordering that!

And now a new category: Holy Crap, I will kill, maim and torture to get my hands on a buggy alpha release of this!

And I'm hung-over today. Bar after work, a hockey game and then a bar after the game. Eeesh. Not much of note actually happened, but what the heck, a night out with a two-day hangover never hurt anyone.

Coffee. Coffee is key....

No comments: