Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Discombobulated

Another late update. Although I really don't have a schedule for these things, so late may be the wrong word. How does later than usual sound?

And yes folks, I forgot to post at Starting Write Now last week. Or rather I didn't have anything to post. I didn't write last week, so I didn't have anything to write about writing.

The reason behind that? Discombobulation. Combine 2 oz. of angst, 1 oz. of boredom, add a dash of self-pity and leave sitting on a counter for a while. Maybe I've been watching too much Tiki Bar lately. Obviously I haven't been drinking enough.

As happens when this, er, happens, my introspection has gone external. On one hand, I've been getting a particular statement from co-workers: I'm a natural-born troubleshooter. This is in relation to some (even more) changes at work, although this time my move is voluntary so hopefully something good comes out of it. Add to that the little bro saying that, in addition for we siblings to be all-or-nothing, we also thrive on pressure.

I'm undecided if that's a good or bad thing yet.

The other downer is, thanks to Capa and his wily ways, I came to the realization that I really don't have anything to look forward to for the first time in about 5 years. No trips planned, no classes etc. Laser eye surgery apparently doesn't count. So I need to get something planned for the near future to look forward to; what is a bit of a mystery, and how much does it cost a bit of a worry. The other other downer is I am officially pushing 40 as of this coming weekend, which is also the one-year anniversary of when I last, er, combobulated.

So there's that to look forward to....

Please note all, this is just a case of the doldrums, and thanks for your concern, I'll get over it. Buying me drinks may help though.

No comments: