Monday, November 20, 2006

The Blogger Has No Clothes

That would be because I am on vacation. Well, not "vacation" so much as days off. Surgery is on Wednesday but Monday and Tuesday is supposed to be time to sit back, relax and stew in my own juices.

Not turning out that way though.

So as some of you know, my little brother is in a bit of a pickle. After moving to Calgary from Toronto in August, he broke up with said girlfriend recently, and now has a lease on a very nice apartment which he can no longer afford. So I'm moving in to help him out. I won't be saving any money (actually I will be paying more money for rent and parking) but it's an improvement: en suite dishwasher and laundry, underground parking, hardwood floors etc.

But it means I have to leave the fortress of solitude. Which is okay because it's been getting boring. I like the neighborhood (most times) as it's one of those ones with big trees, quiet (most times) and fairly close to alot of things. But it isn't actually close (within walking distance) to anything really.

The new place is close to the famous/notorious "Red Mile" which means it will be noisy. So I can either stand on the balcony yelling at the world to shut the hell up or go out and do my share to contribute noise pollution. I think I choose the latter.

And for a dirty old man like myself, the girl-watching is much better.

In other news, last week I got notification via email that a package was on it's way. Now this isn't unusually, but I didn't remember ordering that I hadn't already received. So I was intrigued. And worried that I broke my drink-and-surf policy (don't do it) again.

Got it on Saturday. It was video tape and some information on making smart stock purchase decisions in the market of the twenty-first century. With convenient recommendations.

Not that exciting.

So with surgery, the move and of course International Spend Like Crazy days (ie Christmas) coming up, I'm going to be busy and broke. Add to that I'm actually getting some response on Lavalife this time around, 2006 is going to end like most of my projects at work: not enough time, resources or requirements but incredible pressure to get it done by a specific date.

That's Life outside the Fortress of Solitude.

No comments: