Wednesday, November 01, 2006

The Power of Words

In this modern day and age, words can hold more power than ever. The power to educate! The power to illuminate! The power to hilarity-ate!!!

But when the power goes it, you can't write suckers down.

Yep, national Novel Writing Month is off to an auspicious start. After actually not going to the comic store for my regular Wednesday fix to set aside time to write, the power goes out in my building.

Now I hear you say "But Moby, you could do it the old fashioned way!".

Not in the dark.

Of course the kicker is that the power went out last night making me late for work. Well, granted I wasn't terribly upset considering the past couple weeks but I had a 9 AM meeting with my boss.


In other news, the Russian Experiment is finito (that's Russian right?) After a deluge of emails I shut 'er down. I've concluded that I'm not internationally undateable but something in the tradition of emergent behavior came about.

Am I looking for a wife as opposed to girlfriend (although that doesn't do the meme justice. Firstly, I realize that I don't see a wife as desirable. Not that I don't want to get married, hell's donkeys, if I find the right woman I'll get down on the knee, say the cheesy question, wear the monkey suit etc. But that's not the goal.

As I've said before, best friend with benefits (and who feels the same about me) is what I seek. Everything else is just icing on the cake.

Regardless, Odessa is still a nice place to vacation, and with my stock option now actually worth money....

For more on the Russian Experiment and various other musings, check out my video blog. I know it's MySpace, but it's free space as well.

No comments: