Tuesday, November 14, 2006

I'm up, I'm up...

Look at the time stamp. I hate it when this happens.

I'm not a morning person by any stretch of the imagination but about once a week I wind up waking up at 5 AM. Now some would say this is a perfect opportunity to do something constructive, and I would agree. Except I'm a bloody wreck when this happens. For example, it took me five minute to write the last sentence.

So I put on a pot of coffee, idly surf, smoke too much, maybe watch an episode of something on DVD, that sort of thing. It really is me time because frankly I wouldn't want to subject anyone to the great grumpiness that is Moby at 5:30 AM.

And of course I always feel the guilt. I should be doing something constructive. Like getting my word count up for NaNoWriMo. Or going to the gym. Or doing the dishes. Or go into work. Okay, maybe not that.

This early morning wakefulness comes at a price. By the time three in the afternoon rolls around I'm a fricken' zombie, including the impulse to bite someone's head off. And the evening is shot.

So I'm writing a post. And drinking coffee and smoking cigarettes. Which I'm almost out of.

There ya go, I'll go buy smokes. I'll get something accomplished at least.

Edit: Almost forgot, I started up my profile on Lavalife again. Not this morning, but on the weekend.

Of course it's just another way for me to avoid word count blues, but what the heck. The only problem is that when you factor in:
  • Age, mine
  • Age, hers
  • The fact I don't want to have kids
  • The fact that I'm reluctant to date someone with kids

    It turns out that the number of matches I get is less than a dozen. So it won't be that much of a distraction.

    Russian brides anyone?
  • No comments: