Sunday, November 12, 2006

Hey I Update!

But now it seems only weekly. Ah well, my excuse is that nothing of interest (even to me) has been happening as of late. If that sounds a tad on the dull side you're right.

So for the update let's start off with work. I know I said I wouldn't kvetch about work here but I gotta make exceptions once in a while. So the new team is very quickly turning into me and nine managers. Yes that's right. Me and nine managers. I have two students working for me but at the rate we're going I'm worried that neither of them will accept an offer (in fact I think one of them needs to go back to school). Granted we have someone new starting next week, but that means I will have less time as I have to train them up. It'll be six weeks before they can be left to their own devices.

Argh.

Friday night was rather intriguing. Me, the two students and most of the nine managers went to shoot pool after work. At the table beside us was half of the (almost all female) Human Resources department. They were out celebrating the occasion of one of their comrade's divorce papers being final. So by six o'clock they were totally wasted. I, of course, joined them in the festivities. The geeks faded by seven, of course. Now the divorce is very, very cute. Her friends are very, very attractive as well. Especially the one who was introduced as being a former pole-dance instructor. And I could believe it. Wishful thinking or no.

The decision was (finally) made to head out. To what is supposedly a cowboy bar. Now, whenever I go to a cowboy bar there is an inevitable scuffle. Alcohol goes in my mouth, and fuels that little sardonic monster in me. He can get vocal.

Fortunately this time there were no faux cowpokes in the vicinity, so I spent a good part of the evening drinking, dancing with the ladies and throwing ice-cubes into their cleavage. Which they insisted I do so they could suck them out of each other's bras. How come when I was twenty-five this was considered unacceptable behavior? Ah well, better late than never.

As the night wound down (about 8 hours after we started) I found myself relegated to guardian of the purses. So soon after I made my departure (ensuring everyone had their purse of course).

The hangover was horrendous.

But overall it was a good night despite the fact that I felt really, really old. But at least I felt like a dirty old man.

That's an improvement.

I gotta look up someone for some pole-dancing lessons next week.

No comments: