Saturday, June 10, 2006

Weak Week

Eesh. Work just keeps getting better and better. I had one application back in a normal state (ie broken but those responsible for fixing it can actually fix it) and another one, which has much more impact, is busted.

Not busts, was busted. Since February. And for the same reasons as the first app. The guys who were supposed to notice, didn't. And they were the guys that busted it.

On top of that one of my (let's see, 1, 2, 3, 4, .... 7) managers tries to get me pulled off of a comittee that I refuse to leave because he thinks it's impacting my time. I don't see how 4 hours a week does that. It's the one thing I think I actually get progress on (albeit slowly). On top of that I get yet another project from a manager who thinks I can build a data warehouse in one day.

So I asploded.

Needless to say, whenever I asplode, I risk my job. And I know that. The consideration is that I either quit (which leaves people I actually like in a heap of trouble) or I risk getting punted.

And once again, I actually get the resources I need to get the job done. Playing nice just don't work at times.

So with all that, I fell of the wagon. Hard. Then got run over. Then while I had a cigarette to recover, the wagon-driver got out and kicked me inna nads.

I did have a job interview. Or rather, I talked to the guy who was going to give me the job interview. He wanted to reschedule because he was trying to leave early on his vacation. Not the best first impression. Not as bad as the time as the guy giving me an interview was drunk though. At 11 AM.

Let's see, women. They still exist, right? Actually that's not correct. I didn't get some sort of superpower making me invisible to the fairer sex, did I.

Hmmm, maybe that's what I need. A female boss. No, no, no. Not for that....

Well, maybe. I could use a sugar momma.

Game wise, Planetside has lost it's luster. just too frustrating. And I found out there's a ton of cheats. And no, I don't cheat, I just stop paying. I picked up Dawn of War and Winter Assault (Warhammer 40K RTS). Not bad, but I've never been an RTS fan, it's just there's nothing else to play. At least new to play. And I have a short attention span.

When is Spore coming out?

'Nuff Said. Beer time. No not free yet, the guy I need to make the arrangements isn't picking up his phone.

Looks like my usual luck/Karma is back.

1 comment:

Dykmoby said...

Well whenever you and the misses have a spat, beer is on me.
No, literally, when I get my 15 cases I'm going to have to pile them up on my couch....