Sunday, April 30, 2006

Buzz

So a couple very dull things.

Finally got onto the old velocicycle (bicycle in modern parlaiance) this week. It was a good week for biking. Instead of doing 20 minutes at the gym, I went for a 40 to 60 minutes spin down the bike path. Quite nice!

Second thing is, I got my hair buzzed to the skull today. Note I had it chopped, I did not do the duty myself. A hair-salon by my gym was donating $120 to the kid's cancer foundation (or something) so I figured what the heck, I wasn't using it anyways. It did my the mutton-chops went, but I got the impression they weren't doing much for me anyway except catching the errant insect. Still have the soul patch though, otherwise my face my freeze like that. Not sure why I did that exactly, maybe building karma up for yet another attempt at quitting smoking. Karma for something anyway. As I told The Lemming when he said he needed to give away a lucky penny, I need to get lucky. Now, I didn't quite mean it like that, but that single-entendre did have an element of truth in it.

Anyhoo.

I managed to book off the week of the long-weekend in May. Now if I can grab a cheap (meaning $750 or so) all-inclusive somewhere with a beach, I'll be tanning (okay, burning) drinking (okay, nursing hangovers) and romancing (okay, being laughed at) somewhere sunny, warm and conducive to bathing suits.

Note to self: bring extra sun-screen for my head.

1 comment:

Dykmoby said...

Yikes. Everything is booked for everywhere that week. And here I thought I was being cunning.
So my vacation will be steam-cleaning my carpets....