Saturday, April 29, 2006

The Tolling Bell

(sigh)

Well, looks like yet another component of my computer (my friend, my teacher, my student, my secret lover) is almost out-of-date.

I had heard pretty good reviews on the new Tomb Raider is pretty good, hearkening back to the first two or so installments. After that of course, it just got cheesy (and her boobs got more and more impossible). So I got the demo online.

Now, my video card, once a paragon of polygons, is now a minimum requirement. This is of course the death knell of anything digital. Minimum of course computer-ese for laughable.

So, despite my slick-daddy CPU (dual core baby!), gigs and gigs (or 2 gigs) of memory and more disk-space than I could conceivably need (unless I start to download music and movies), my poor graphics card is about to be relegated to the backup computer.

I'll shed a tear of course, rendered in 3-space.

Now, what's available under $200? Make that $300. $500?

1 comment:

Dykmoby said...

Yeesh. Was looking at the price of 512M video cards. I may have to just buy and Xbox 360....