Sunday, September 30, 2007

Dramatique

The podunk neighbor saga continues.

On Thursday, they did it again: they had a little party which prompted yet another 3 AM phone call to the resident manager's line. The next day she asked me to write up a complaint Apparently they had refused to sign the eviction notice until they saw them. Now I can understand that they want to see the specific complaints, but jeez, they didn't notice people banging on their walls/ceiling/floor all those times?

Apparently they got the notices at 2 AM this morning. There was yelling, sobbing, hitting and/or throwing whatever is at hand. The female tried to blame all of it on the male ("I lost my job because you wanted to party!") but she was pretty much the loud one.

So I'm not sure what happens now: rumour has it an eviction is ninety days notice. There is no way in hell I can put up with this until Christmas. I'm going to have to look into that.

Other than that this is the first weekend where my responsibilities are minor, so it's been pretty relaxing. I ran 15 minutes straight at the gym yesterday, which is a helluva lot better than the four I started with a couple of weeks ago. I'm already noticing a mass shift in the belly/gluteus maximus regions. Long way to go though. Wonder if I should shoot for a half-marathon next summer? Mmmmm, runner babes....

All in all, life seems to be settling down a bit after August (only took about a month). Still looking for decent PC games, still looking for Miss Right-Now (finding Miss Right has been twenty years of disappointment, thanks very much) and the job is settling into being just a job.

So really, I'm back to kvetching about the usual things. Remarkably, that's an improvement.

1 comment:

Dykmoby said...

Tempting, but I would then get a new set of neighbors. The kiind who corn-hole you in the shower.

I'll pass.