Monday, September 10, 2007

Random Encounters

So on the way home from work, I had the feeling I was going to run into my ex. That is to say, the ex before my last ex.

Sure enough it happened.

We chatted a bit, and she's getting hitched! Which is great actually: it's what she always wanted. Actually we did chat for a while: she's moving to Michigan to be with her guy, selling her condo at an outrageous profit and seems to have lost twenty or so pounds. She is quite pleased with her situation. All the best and we went on our separate ways.

And the end I had the thought that I dodged the bullet. Kinda cruel, but there ya go. She's happy, I'm .. er, me. That's all that really counts.

The apartment is looking better, but the road to organization was interrupted by my downstairs neighbor to complain about the hammering. I was putting together Ikea furniture, so a certain amount of hammering (and a large amount of swearing) is inevitable.

I was going to be polite, but the guy was an asshat from the over-load knock to the bug-eyed, mouth breathing expression on his mug. I said that I was moving in and that there probably was going to be more noise.

He just banged on his ceiling after that. Gonna be a long six months.

So by the rule of three, I should have another random encounter: roll 2d10 and look up the result on the following chart.

*rolls*

You hear someone playing loud music beneath your window. Looking out of your balcony you see what appears to be two trolls. They are drunk and wearing billed caps with with "John Deere" embroidered in the sweat stains. What do you do?

*rolls for initiative*

No comments: