Sunday, September 16, 2007

Only in my Dreams?

Okay, just woke up from an odd dream.

I'm in HMV (or as my friends and I call it, HIV) with a couple of people who are my friends but I don't recognize. Or maybe they were relatives. The store is obviously being re-structured with a new floor plan.

One of my friends/relatives wants to browse some more, but gives me two CDs to buy for her. I go to the counter where William Shatner is working.

Bill rings through my purchases and tells me there is a five dollar "Damage and Breakages" fee in addition to the purchase cost. I ask if I broke anything. He tells me it's standard for every purchase. Bill looks a little sheepish about it.

So I refuse the purchase and tell Bill to undo the transaction on my credit card.


Okay, not terribly interesting, but is the fact that I seem to be getting to nickle and dimed even in my dreams is a tad disturbing.

I hope I haven't given anyone any ideas with this...

No comments: