Tuesday, September 11, 2007

More Random Encounters

First off, I'm living in the same apartment that The German used to live in: I keep getting her mail. Change of address please! Actually it's charities begging for money, so I understand if my mailbox fills up with these things.

Secondly: two women discussing dating in the elevator at work. One is going on what sounded like an Internet date (aka the dreaded Lavalife or similar) tonight. She was, of course, nervous so her friend in the spirit of solidarity solidarity says "I hate dating, but at least you get a free meal out of it. After that though it sucks."

I knew it!

And I actually told some folks today who were trying to woo me to their company that I'm sticking with the new job. There's hope. Light at the end of the tunnel.

Which gave me sense of deju vu as that's exactly what I said about the old job. I never, ever, ever thought I would think of myself as too optimistic.

Huh-boy...

3 comments:

The German said...

Freaky, eh? Good ole 405 wow. I lived there for ... erm... 13 years. Management didn't do a damn thing to it the whole time I lived there. Good thing they practically gutted the place when I moved out. Is Lil still the resident manager?

Dykmoby said...

No there's a new manager. She's cute too!

Was it always this noisy though? I heard someone re-arranging their wire hanger collection at 2AM last night...

Unknown said...

Oh it was probably just a drunk person looking for their bed in the closet. I understand that can happen... or so I'm told.