Wednesday, September 19, 2007

When an Old Friend Passes

Today at 6:08 PM, an old and valued friend passed away. I first suspected something was wrong when I detected an irregular ticker. Despite the usual procedures, my watch did not last the rest of the day. Cause of death is attributed either to a dead battery or build-up in the inner workings.

My 256Mb USB thumb drive watch will be missed. It was most most prominent way of telling people, "Hey! I'm a dork!". It gave me street cred in the server room. And it has taken care of my vital files and resume for four years. The data (if retreivable) will by synched in a solemn ceremony at midnight tonight. The theme from "Pac-Man" will be performed.

So it looks like a golden opportunity to make a ThinkGeek order!

Hey, ya gotta move on.....

No comments: