Wednesday, September 05, 2007

My Job is Like ... A Roller Coaster! Baby, Baby!

Well no details, but there's alot of ups and downs. I'm just wondering if it ends as all carnival attractions do: a vague sense of nausea and a lingering feeling you just got ripped off.

Anyways....

Facebook is pretty darn interesting. I've connected with folks I haven't seen in decades in some cases. Much cleaner interface than MySpace and fewer cam girls. I think that's actually a bonus all things considered.

The apartment is shaping up and I've finalized my to-buy furniture list:
  • Bookshelf (I've hit critical mass)
  • Small Dresser (combination night stand and storage)
  • Small Coffee Table (with some storage and also with wheels)
  • Small Bookshelf (yes, that much overflow)
  • Throw Rug for the living room (something with geometric patterns)

    I also need to pick up cork for the legs of furniture, chairs etc. The laminate floor is easier to maintain, but it's pretty cheap: it scratched when I dropped a peanut butter sandwich on it.

    And maybe, no probably a bed frame: the one I have I inherited from one of my parents. It has a busted wheel and is all bent out of shape. So I do need a new one, preferably with a headboard and bed posts. You know, all grown-up like.

    I could make a joke about bedposts. And not about gum. But I won't cuz that's just depressing. Or maybe encouraging?
  • 3 comments:

    Unknown said...

    We had to do the same here with our laminate - and it's the pretty robust stuff... It's far to easy to scratch - and usually when you least expect it. We bought some small adhesive pads from Cdn Tire and we're done with the whole process in about 5 minutes.

    Good idea sir.

    Unknown said...

    hey man we have an extra queen bedframe if you want it. let me know and i'll get the pieces together, its' just taking up space in our storage room.
    -michael

    Dykmoby said...

    I'll take you up on that, there's just the matter of transportation...