Saturday, May 27, 2006

Day .... er, 6?

Quitting smoking sucks. Hands down.

There are times when I am perfectly fine: I can functional as normal human being and not want to crawl into a dark corner, curl up into the foetal position, and whimper.

And so my week of "recharging" is almost done, now it's just another weekend. I got most of what I wanted to do, well, done. I do find that any actual creative endeavors (such as writing, drawing etc) are really unaccomplishable until I've had a full week off. It's at that point (today) that my left-hemisphere has had a chance to unclench and allow some right-brain activity. So I may try some stuff over the next 48 hours.

This week was also a time for reflection on the whole dating thing. Am I ready to date? Do I actually want to enter another relationship? If so, how do I go about actually meeting women?

So I think I am ready to meet someone. But no internet dating (urgh, not going through that again). That means I'll have to actually, you know, leave the house. So what activities should I try? There's the gym of course, but I see so many goombahs trying to chat up girls who look like they want to be anywhere but on the treadmill. I don't want to be one of those guys.

Classes are a possibility. There's yoga, which I really should get back into, for nothing else that getting stretchy again. Don't think I'll ever be actually limber. Then there's things like taking a cooking class, but I highly suspect that it would be a sausage fest (pun intended); a class full of guys trying to meet women.

There's also the whole professional development issues. Work is dragging a bit on the whole educational professional development thing, but it looks like I should be able to get some cash out of them for taking some tech courses. And those are notoriously gender-biased (and all the really cool geek-girls are taken, in my experience).

So what to do? While there's more than a couple lovelies at the office, I swore I would never date a co-worker again. There's always the introduction of singles by mutual friends, but I would have to actually have friends to do that.

Maybe I need to get a social life of some sort....

Ah well, being single isn't all that bad.

No comments: