Sunday, May 07, 2006

Sunny Sunday

Another day another bike ride. I love spring and all the, uh, blooms it brings on the bike path.

So I also went to the local geek fest today. I always find those shows a tad boring. Kinda neat, but really it's just a bunch of booths hocking geek toys. Which is good but I have enough.

Some of the artists on hand were pretty good, especially some of the stuff by the guy who does The Oblongs. Stuff was pretty expensive though..

Man I wish I could draw.

So on to the movie review! Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children. Didn't like it too much. The animation and models were, of course, fantastic. However the character models looked like the came from deep within the Uncanny Valley. Big anime-style eyes, spikey hair etc.

No real "plot" to speak of, just incredibly complex, over-the-type fight scenes. Alot of them. Most of the movie actually.

So when I thought about it, it's exactly like the FF games. Technically (as in game code) brilliant, rich, lush graphics but combat after combat after combat. To the point of annoyance.

But still, technically absorbing, but not something that will make it to the "comfort movie" list.

Bored again, maybe I should go get an iPod after all...

1 comment:

Dykmoby said...

Actually with my tax refund hitting my bank account as well as *gasp* a bonus, i think I'll break down and get on ethis coming weekend.