Sunday, May 21, 2006

Withheld to Protect the Author

Somebody, who shall remain nameless but is my little brother, asked me if I ever hold anything back from this blog: it's pretty boring.

Since the bastard is in Mexico, I'll answer that question. Yes, there's some stuff that happens in my life, thoughts, actions and rich internal life that simply doesn't make it here.

Some stuff is just plain boring (yes, even more so that the little nuggets o' wisdom that makes these virtual pages) and I don't think anyone would be truly interested.

An example: I started shopping at Co-op instead of Safeway because the quality of their products is much higher. Oh wait, did I talk about that here? That and the Co-op I go to has alot more cute women. Yes that's my prime motivating factor in any life-shaking decision.

Other stuff is just way too personal for public consumption. There's stuff that I can joke about, but there are some topics and situations where I'm not comfortable in broadcasting them to the general public (okay the three people who read this site anyway). Some things are just private.

No, no examples forthcoming.

I realize of course that the last verboten topical genre is probably ,the most interesting, the meat on this digital bone if you will.

Maybe someday.

In other news, I have been taking on the long and arduous task of burning all my CDs. It's been a surprising enterprise. On one hand, I'm finding disks that I swore that I had and cherished missing from the collection, some others I never knew I had ever acquired and even a couple I had thought lost forever.

Another pleasant surprise is how much I am enjoying this little device. There was a time where music was the center of my life and existence: when I was a DJ and concert promoter. There was music everywhere, and everything was music.

Somewhere along the line, I lost that. Not just when the business fell over (although that is certainly related) but I think at some point I decided music just isn't important.

What a fool I was.

Certainly now there is the danger that I will spend far too much trying to recapture that time and the associated feeling. Not there is nothing inherently wrong with the exercise itself, it's just that I tend to hyper-focus on these sorts of things. Examples are my $3000 worth of Lego, about half as much on original comic-book sketch art on eBay, and an unknown amount on games (not video games, honest to goodness miniature and paper RPGs).

So I will continue to burn what I have before I even consider purchasing any more. However I am compiling a list of must haves for later.

No comments: