Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Rent and Blood Pressure

So I got a notification that my rent is going up andother $50 starting in september. Add that to the raise in rent of $30 3 months ago, and Im looking at $960 more a year on rent.

Of course they mention the increase in the cost of housing in our fair city. And everyone else is as well: groceries in particular.

Add to that the huge increase in gas prices and everything is going up in price. Along with my blood pressure.

And work, well, let's just say that they don't take anything like "cost of living" into consideration for their salary increases.

One of the reasons I'm going to Toronto in July is to check out the town and the work situation. Now I'll also look at rent.

Come September, I may have absolutely no reason to stick around. Which is too bad, I like this town, and of course the friendships I have here.

But no girlfriend, a losing salary proposition, higher cost of living etc. means I have a very tenuous link here.

Not to mention I can't stand the drivers and roads in this burg....

No comments: